Training of Trainers for European Erasmus+: Youth in Action projects 2015/2016
25 September 2015 – 9 July 2016 | Bulgaria, Germany, Belgium – FR
This Training of Trainers lasts a year and consists of
• three residential seminars
• an international training project you design and run with some other participants
• ongoing e-learning
• ongoing mentoring with one of the course trainers as your mentor
• learning commitments
The dates for the three residential seminars are:
1st seminar 25 September – 4 October 2015 in Bulgaria
2nd seminar 12 -21 February 2016 in Germany
3rd seminar 3-9 July 2016 in Belgium
This course requires a considerable time investment from the participants: in total you should plan at least 55 days:
• 28 seminar days (including travel)
• 12 days overall for the training project (preparatory work, prep meeting and the course itself)
• 15 days (on average 1-2 days per month) for following the personal learning commitments, the online work, peer learning, mentor talks etc.
Within this Training of Trainers course (ToT-course) participants have the chance to further develop their competences as a trainer. In line with the European Training Strategy in the frame of Erasmus+: Youth in Action programme the ToT-course considers the following competences to be essential when working as a non-formal education trainer within the Youth in Action programme:
• The competence to understand and facilitate individual and group learning processes.
• The competence to design educational programmes.
• The competence to direct one´s own learning (Learning to Learn)
• The competence to co-operate successfully in teams.
• The competence to communicate meaningfully with others.
• Intercultural competence.
Participants enter the ToT-course with various levels of prior experience as trainer as well as competences developed – consequently, the learning needs of participants are different. The educational approach implemented in the ToT-course intends to allow for these different learning needs to be identified and pursued. At the core of this process is the competence of the participant to direct his/her own learning. The group as a source for peer learning and the trainers as facilitators of these learning processes are essential pillars of this approach.
Participants are expected
• To have been already involved at least three times in a team of trainers designing, implementing and evaluating a training course in the framework of Non-Formal Education.
• To have had international experience in the youth work field with a function of responsibility (not only as a participant) – organising international youth projects, leading a youth exchange, mentoring EVS volunteers, etc.
• To have the potential and need to develop training competences and act after the course as a trainer for European Erasmus+: Youth in Action projects and/or for training courses organised by the National Agencies of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme.
• To show initiative and willingness to self-direct their own learning process.
• To be prepared to reflect on and question their own beliefs and approaches as trainers.
• To be able to run training courses in English.
Further information can be found at www.salto-youth.net/ToT