Youth work in closed institutions
Seminar / Conference
9-14 April 2017 | Baltezers, Latvia
Activity aims at giving opportunity for staff members of closed institutions (detention services, prisons, refugee camps etc.) to exchange experiences and practices in working with young people and explore role of non- formal learning there.
Activity has the following objectives:
- To provide space for participants to share local realities and good practices working with young people in closed institutions (such as detention services, prisons, refugee camps etc.);
- To give an opportunity to define the role and place for non-formal learning in closed institutions;
- To give an opportunity to explore and experience non formal learning approaches, focusing on experiential learning in practice;
- To brainstorm and further develop tools and methods that can work efficiently with young people in closed institutions;
- To have an insight into Erasmus+ programme and foster cooperation and networking among participants.
Profile of participants:
- Youth workers
- Staff members of closed institutions (social workers, psychologists, project coordinators, youth workers, etc.);
- NGO members working in closed institutions on regular bases/at least weekly.
- Can communicate in English.
The methodology of the seminar is based on the fundamental principles of non-formal education. The methods provided will enable participants to fully participate in the learning process. It will imply that the team of trainers will keep in mind the participants’ prior experience working within closed institutions contexts.
The learning process will continuously adapt to the needs of participants and motivations as well as the group’s work rhythm.
Application Deadline: 20 February 2017
For information about the training and submission of the application form, you should visit: https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/youth-work-in-closed-institutions.6260/
For further information please contact: Nora Tsirigoti, tel 2131314460, email: firstname.lastname@example.org