Destination: Youth Participation
21-27 November 2017 | Athens, Greece
An eminently hands-on training course aiming to equip participants with competencies and tools enabling them to foster young people’s activation and participation in society.
This training course is targeting two categories of practitioners:
- experienced professionals in the field of youth participation with an interest in improving their contribution to youth engagement and in boosting their approaches,
- and those that have not directly worked in the field of youth participation, but have a strong interest in enhancing their knowledge, skills and practices in order to get involved in youth participation initiatives and projects.
The training course concept is based on the fundamentals of non-formal education as a learning environment that enables youth activation, engagement and participation, especially when Kolb’s experiential learning cycle is consciously used.
The training consists of an on-the-spot simulation, where participants will go through the exact experiential learning cycle thanks to the development of direct actions that will be implemented in the local community. Furthermore, the simulation experience will be reflected upon, and participants will have the opportunity to enhance competencies through workshops tailored according to their expressed needs. In this way, participants will be enabled to work more effectively with diverse target groups, empowering them to take initiative and participate in their communities.
This TC aims at providing empowering practical tools to professionals involved in processes of activation, engagement and participation of young people in democratic life.
- create a common understanding of youth participation and of its processes, trends, obstacles and opportunities;provide participants with practical, hands-on methods, tools and approaches enabling them to contribute to young people’s activation; engagement and participation in democratic life;
- reflect on participants’ role in and develop the necessary skills for activating, engaging and motivating young people to become active citizens;
- provide space for networking, as well as for reflection, sharing of ideas, practices, and visions concerning youth participation;
- present Erasmus+ and other opportunities that can support the development and implementation of youth-initiated cooperation and projects.
Youth workers, trainers, coaches, youth leaders, project managers, educators, from non- formal and formal learning environments including sports, cultural and public entities, active or willing to get involved in youth participation initiatives and projects.
Costs: Hellenic National Agency will cover the costs of the seminar (Accommodation and food costs) and 95% of your travel costs.
For more information about the training and submission of the application form, you should visit: https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/destination-youth-participation.6733/
Application Deadline: 10 September 2017
For further information, please contact Ms Natassa Dedousi, tel 2131314450, email: firstname.lastname@example.org