Erasmus+ For Refugees and Migrants
21-26 May 2017 | İzmir, Turkey
Migration is one of the major social, economic and political issues of the contemporary societies and the lack of information related to the issue is perpetuating related challenges both for migrants and the hosting societies.
Youth sector stands as one of the essential stakeholders in order to develop support mechanisms and solutions concerning these challenges. In this context, Erasmus + Programme provides efficient tools for the youth sector, which can encourage and provide technical/methodological/financial support for migrants as they design their own solutions for the issue.
The aim of this training course is to inform youth organizations and youth workers about using Erasmus + programme as a tool and encourage and reinforce them to design required support activities and mechanisms for refugees and migrants.
Furthermore, the course aims to create a basis for a Europe-wide network of youth organizations, which will assist to develop projects related to migrants and refugees by using Erasmus+.
The main objectives are:
- to present deeper information on the basic concepts and existing context related to migration and refugees in Europe.
- to increase knowledge and awareness of the participants on contemporary problems and challenges related to migration, migrants and refugees.
- to provide information on how to use project based methodologies for analysing the problems of refugees/ migrants and developing targeted solutions.
- to provide information on how to use Erasmus + Programme for innovative and project-based solutions on the issue of migration.
- to equip youth workers with effective tools and methods for trainings and activities on young refugees and migrants
- to improve youth organizations’ capacity to work for/with migrants and refugees.
- to develop Europe-wide partnerships for further Erasmus + projects of the youth sector related to migration, migrants and refugees.
- to provide opportunity on exchanging experience and expertise in the field of youth migrants and refugees.
This training course is based on non-formal learning methodologies including study visits to non-governmental organizations and public institutions working in the field of migration, meetings with representatives of these organizations, networking activities for creating a sound and sustainable cooperation among participants, analysis of the existing best practices by presenting personal experiences and reflections of the participants, interactive sessions, debates and case studies.
The training is recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Project managers, Youth Policy Makers, EVS mentors/tutors.
Working Language: English
Costs: Hellenic National Agency will cover 95% of your travel costs.
Accommodation and food costs will be covered by the National Agency of Turkey.
For more information about the training and submission of the application form, you should visit:
Application Deadline: 7 April 2017
For further information, please contact Ms. Nora Tsirigoti, tel 2131314460, email: firstname.lastname@example.org