Sports Activities as a Tool for Empowering Social Inclusion
22-29 October 2017 | Cyprus
The aim of this training is to increase the awareness and develop the competences of 27 people working with youngsters at risk of social exclusion on how to use education through sports for: improving their knowledge on inclusive practices, enriching their portfolio using specific tools and methods, adjusting their practice and organizing tailor-made activities according to the target group.
- To build a broaden understanding of what Social inclusion (inclusive) attitude means
- To train participants in acquiring and developing key competences for social inclusion through sports
- To introduce and learn how to apply Sports as a Tool for social inclusion (STSI)
- To explore different ways to adapt the STSI in every participant’s reality
- To stimulate participants’ creativity in developing their own tools and methods based on STSI
- To provide opportunities for networking and learning by sharing within the frame of Erasmus+: Youth Programme.
The Training Course is recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Project managers, Youth Policy Makers, EVS mentors/tutors, Representatives of NGOs, educational institutions, local authorities or public bodies dealing with young people with physical disabilities under the umbrella of social work, education or youth. Minimum age of participants: 20+ years
Costs: Hellenic National Agency will cover 95% of your travel costs. Accommodation and food costs will be covered by the National Agency of Cyprus.
For more information about the training and submission of the application form, you should visit https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/sports-activities-as-a-tool-for-empowering-social-inclusion.6541/
Application Deadline: 30 July 2017
For further information, please contact Ms. Nora Tsirigoti, tel 2131314460, email: firstname.lastname@example.org