Training of Trainers for
European Erasmus+: Youth in Action Projects 2017/2018
22 September 2017 – 30 June 2018 | Netherlands, Poland, Germany
The major aim of this training course is to train trainers who have the competences and the motivation to contribute to the improvement of the quality of projects within the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme of the European Union.
This Training of Trainers (ToT) lasts a year and consists of :
- three residential seminars
- an international training project you design and run with some other participants
- ongoing e-learning
- ongoing mentoring with one of the course trainers as your mentor
- learning commitments
The dates for the three residential seminars are:
- 1st seminar 22 September – 1 October 2017 in the Netherlands.
- 2nd seminar 19 -28 January 2018 in Poland.
- 3rd seminar 23-30 June 2018 in Germany.
This course requires a considerable time investment from the participants: in total you should plan at least 55 days:
- 28 seminar days (including travel)
- 12 days overall for the training project (preparatory work, prep meeting and the course itself)
- 15 days (on average 1-2 days per month) for following the personal learning commitments, the online work, peer learning, mentor talks etc.
Within this ToT-course participants have the chance to further develop their competences as a trainer. In line with the European Training Strategy in the frame of Erasmus+: Youth in Action programme the ToT-course considers the following competences to be essential when working as a non-formal education trainer within the Youth in Action programme:
- The competence to understand and facilitate individual and group learning processes.
- The competence to design educational programmes.
- The competence to direct one´s own learning (Learning to Learn)
- The competence to co-operate successfully in teams.
- The competence to communicate meaningfully with others.
- Intercultural competence.
Participants are expected
- To have been already involved at least three times in a team of trainers designing, implementing and evaluating a training course in the framework of Non-Formal Education.
- To have had international experience in the youth work field with a function of responsibility (not only as a participant) – organising international youth projects, leading a youth exchange, mentoring EVS volunteers, etc.
- To have the potential and need to develop training competences and act after the course as a trainer for European Erasmus+: Youth in Action projects and/or for training courses organised by the National Agencies of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme.
- To show initiative and willingness to self-direct their own learning process.
- To be prepared to reflect on and question their own beliefs and approaches as trainers.
- To be able to run training courses in English.
Further information can be found at www.salto-youth.net/ToT
Costs: Hellenic National Agency will cover 95% of your travel costs. Accommodation and food costs will be covered by the organisers.
For more information about the training and submission of the application form, you should visit https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/training-of-trainers-for-european-erasmus-youth-in-action-projects-2017-2018.6397/
Application Deadline: 4 June 2017
For further information, please contact Mrs. Natassa Dedousi, tel 2131314450, email: email@example.com